Matadornetwork.com published 57 MAPS THAT WILL CHALLENGE WHAT YOU THOUGHT YOU KNEW ABOUT THE WORLD and the results are pretty interesting, shocking, and insightful. But really, the underlining truth is this: Canada is the best place to live and a well constructed map is crazy fun to look at. And educational.
And according to West Wing, maps have radically shaped the way we view the world - unfairly so.
Here are 9 of Matadornnetwork's 57 maps (1 from waitbutwhy) that can WoW us, challenge us, and reveal us:
1. There's an equal number of people in the blue and red areas
2. Countries that don't use the metric system
3. World air travel routes
4. Freedom of press map
5. South-north world map
6. Global internet usage based on time of day
7. World map of countries England has not invaded
8. US auto-complete map
9. US map of the highest-paid public employees by state